April 21, 2014

SCI-Arc

Back to school today after a pretty boring weekend. I barely noticed I wasn't in class because I sat around doing stuff for class all weekend. I took a little break though to visit SCI-Arc to see their undergraduate thesis projects. There was some really nice stuff, and it got me inspired to do better on my own projects. Plus I got to see my first famous architect up close! Didn't talk to him, but we made eye contact so it was pretty epic. I took a lot of pictures of the cool work at SCI-Arc but I don't really want to post anything because it isn't mine... but this was one of my favorite things there:



It was a little flip box where the artist made different cards and the box rotated them to create a moving image. I'm sure there is an actual name for this but I'm an idiot and I don't know what it is. I really liked it because it made a really nice noise that caught your attention as you walked by. I will do my best to emulate it here: Ppttpttpppttfffttpfffftttttt..... Something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment