April 16, 2016

LA River Clean Up

I decided to spend some time outside of studio this morning and do something other than just sitting in a chair. I volunteered along the LA River picking up trash and spending some time outside. I have done cleanups before back in Davis along the creek, but in about the first 5 minutes along the river I realized I was definitely not in Davis anymore.


 Back in Davis I found mostly dog toys and wrappers and things. Here in LA I found mostly socks, underwear, Starbucks cup straws and even this.


I just seriously hope that isn't someones pet dog. I filled up my bag pretty quickly, and I am really glad I did this clean up because it made me realize just how bad plastic bags and plastic drinking straws are for our environment. I don't even know how many plastic bags I picked up and found stuck around trees or inside of trees. It is really sad and to think that they will never decompose or go anywhere. The problem really needs to be solved, and I can't wait to see plastic bags banned everywhere. 



No comments:

Post a Comment