May 26, 2015

Day 16: The Internet Cafe

This morning we began our very boring day of work. We have a huge presentation coming up in two days here in Tokyo so we needed to spend a lot of time getting ready. I am almost certain I am going to be one of our group's presenters too so I am already panicking over it and need to spend a lot of time preparing.

We were working this morning when our very thorough house cleaning staff came by to clean the house and we felt the need to leave, so we went to an internet cafe to borrow the wifi. My goal is to go to a lot more cafes in my time left here because they have all different themes like robot cafes, anime cafes and cat cafes and I want to see them all.

After we worked all day I went out in the evening to go to the bookstore to see what they had. I want to buy books as my souvenirs while I'm here because I think they are things that I will keep for the rest of my career and probably my life and I am very excited to buy them from Japan. I have been waiting until the end of the trip however so I don't have to carry them around everywhere, but I got too excited and I bought one today that I am in love with. I got "Graphic Anatomy" by Atelier Bow-wow and now I think I need to get the second one in the series. But I plan to do a lot more shopping right before I leave!

That was all for today and I didn't take a single picture of the events of today, so I'm leaving with a picture of our end to the night in Shinjuku the other day and its amazing street lights.


2 comments:

  1. If you go to a cat cafe, please take pictures. I'm curious as to how that works - do they have lots of cats roaming free in them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha i've seen a goat cafe, a rabbit cafe and a cat cafe, but have to take photos. The cat cafe's each have between 5-20 cats that just live there basically so yea they walk around in the place while you sit there.

    ReplyDelete