March 20, 2016

Architecture Tour of the City

While exploring some new sites in the city, I came across many architectural buildings I had never seen before. 


Right near Union Square I found a Frank Lloyd Wright building. Unfortunately the gallery was closed, but it is supposed to open in another month or so. I will have to go back to see the inside I suppose.


Also near Union Square was Daniel Libeskind's Contemporary Jewish Museum... also closed.


Finally what was open was the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts where there was this really cool installation by Future Cities Lab which responded to noise from inside and outside the building.


Lastly I went to visit the Palace of Fine Arts for the first time. This place was absolutely incredible, I still can't get over how beautiful it was. Unfortunately it started to rain really hard once we were there, so we had to get out of there quick! 

And with that the entire spring break is over. I can't believe it went by so quick. Time to get my butt back to studio...

No comments:

Post a Comment