May 28, 2015

Day 18: The Day We've Been Waiting For

Pecha Kucha day is here! After today I think I can finally start to enjoy my trip here, just can't wait to get it over with!

We of course did work again in the morning, but took another break in the afternoon to go see some architecture! We went to the Tokyo National Art Center designed by Kisho Kurokawa to see an exhibit on the work of painter Rene Magritte. I was very excited for the because Kurokawa is one of my favorite architects and I really love Magritte as well. Unfortunately I was so worried about the presentation all day that I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have I think.


But I still had a fun time and the exhibition was really good and it inspired me to maybe try and start painting. We'll see.

After the museum I took a serious nap to prepare for our evening. After practicing, and practicing for hours it was finally time to do it! We went to SuperDeluxe near our home for a night of Pecha Kucha. The idea of Pecha Kucha originated in Tokyo so it was really cool to get to present at this venue. There were 12 presenters total, each one has 20 slides to show and 20 seconds to talk about each one, thus the 20X20 format. It was a really fun night and our presentation went as well as it possibly could have.


Once it was all over and I could finally relax it was fun to get to talk with people from all over the world and from different professions. Afterwards our teachers took us out to dinner and we had a nice night celebrating. So happy it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment